HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Wow! Time flies by so fast! I can’t believe it’s 2020. I’ve been posting these “blog stats” for a couple years now and it’s always been bittersweet when I post them. On one hand it reminds me that time is moving so fast (and it some cases I want it to slow down a bit). On the other hand I get to reflect on the year that past and be grateful for all the beautiful things that happened in my life.
Below is a recap of 2019:
Record Breaking Year – 2019
- I was part of the IDERA ACE Class of 2019
- I traveled and presented at 8 SQL Saturdays
- I presented at 4 virtual groups
- My blog surpassed 150K total page views
- My blog surpassed 60K pages views in 2019 (a 25% increase over 2018)
- My blog had visitors from 184 countries around the world (out of 195 countries!)
- I published 36 total blog posts
- I found a new passion: Big Data Clusters
- I started a YouTube channel (specific to Big Data Clusters) and gained 61 new subscribers
- My YouTube channel gained over 2300 combined views
- I started a newsletter that is specific to Big Data Clusters and gained over 100 new subscribers
- I started a passion project: to write a book on Big Data Clusters. The goal is to publish it in 2020
- I was honored when my friend and teacher Buck Woody (b | t) asked to co-present with me at SQL Saturday Tampa (Feb 29th 2020). This will be super fun!
- My blog’s Alexa ranking hit 155K
On to a fun and prosperous 2020!