I am extremely proud to announce what I believe to be the best video course on Windows Server Failover Clustering by my friend and mentor, Microsoft Certified Master and MVP Edwin Sarmiento (b | t). I am very fortunate to be an early subscriber of the course and compared to all other videos/courses I came across in the past, Edwin’s is the best by far.
Why is Edwin’s WSFC Course the Best?
Prior to Edwin’s course, I watched a couple different videos on YouTube as well as Microsoft‘s Channel 9 course on WSFC. Now, I’m not saying Microsoft’s Channel 9 video series on WSFC is bad. It’s not. My personal “gripe” about the series is the length of time it spends on WSFC features that normally aren’t used in real-world production environments. Microsoft talks about it because it’s a feature so they have to talk about. So, as you can imagine, that adds tremendous time to the video series. The YouTube videos are either bad audio quality, difficult to understand, the analogies they use don’t make sense, or it’s flat out boring.
Below is a list of reasons why I believe Edwin’s course is the best out there:
- What I love is that Edwin only presents what’s applicable in a real-world production environment. He does a great job in “trimming the fat off the steak.” His video course goes over setting up a lab environment, explaining high level concepts, and diving deep into the details. So he’s not wasting anyone’s time. Kudos!
- Edwin has an amazing ability to take a complicated concept and break it down in the most simplest terms for the common layman, like myself, to understand. I was a little shocked at how easily I understood the concept behind WSFC. Read Edwin’s Traffic Light analogy to see what I mean.
- To go off #2 above: Learning something new (WSFC in this case) not only gives you that professional work life boost but a personal one too. A great teacher not only teaches, but instills understanding and confidence. The positive psychological impact of being able to say, “I understand this!” is priceless.
- Edwin’s course audio is amazing. It sounds like it was recorded in a professional studio. We all know that bad audio is a pain to listen to. It can lead to impatience, boredom, and eventually not learning anything.
- Edwin is extremely kind and humble. I have known Edwin for some time now and he has thoroughly answered more of my questions than any single person I can think of.
- Quite frankly, it’s not boring like other courses. I have watched other courses and they have put me to sleep faster than reading “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” to my 3 year old son.
- Amazing PRICE! Sign Up Now!
About Edwin Sarmiento
Edwin Sarmiento is a Microsoft SQL Server MVP and Microsoft Certified Master from Ottawa, Canada specializing in high availability, disaster recovery and system infrastructures running on the Microsoft server technology stack. He is very passionate about technology but has interests in music, professional and organizational development, leadership and management matters when not working with databases. He lives up to his primary mission statement – “To help people and organizations grow and develop their full potential as God has planned for them” *